Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
We are actively seeking a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer. We offer a flexible, results oriented work environment with a talented, experienced team.
We’re looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer with the following skills:
- Proven work experience as a Ruby on Rails developer
- Experience with Git and pull requests (Github, BitBucket, Gitlab)
- Experience writing unit and integration tests (minitest, RSpec)
- Experience working with production applications on Heroku
- A firm grasp of object oriented analysis and design
- Passion for writing simple, clean, and efficient code
- Proficient using a Mac development environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Thrives in small teams
Code and Effect has been building custom software for over 10 years.
- Customers come to us when they can’t find an off-the-shelf solution for a business problem. We work with them to find their pain points and develop software that solves that pain.
- It brings us joy to help people work through their business problems in a structured and process-oriented way, and we’re good at it. We have the technical and strategic expertise to find creative and practical solutions that make a noticeable difference. Applying that expertise really is our idea of fun.
- We're different from other shops because of our repeatable process, our structured communication, and the values we live and work by: Relationships First, Give a Damn, and Do the Right Amount.
Code and Effect is based in Edmonton, Alberta in the trendy Whyte Ave/Garneau area. This is a great place to work because:
- All the hipster coffee shops you could ask for in a 2 block radius (Transcend, Leva, Remedy)
- Easy access to public transit
- Great local lunch options (and the office always smells like cookies since we are above the UpperCrust Cafe)
Why Should You Apply?
- Flexible work hours
- On-the-job training from industry experts
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects
- A fun, results oriented team and all the coffee you can drink
How to Apply
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.